FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort (Master Thread)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:33 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Just completed a stay at Holiday Inn Resort Cabo. Used 35K points and credit card free nights. 2 adults, 2 kids. It booked to all inclusive Garden View Room, but I was upgraded to a partial ocean view a tiny balcony on 3rd floor due to Platinum Status. Fortunately my room was close to beach, so I pretty much had an ocean front view. I was offered 2 upgrade options, $25/night for 2nd floor terrace room or $45/night first floor walk up patio with hammocks. Declined. No other charges like resort fees, taxes, tips, parking were billed.

Rooms are very basic, but rebuilt since Hurricane Odile hit in 9/2014. AC was functional. 11am checkin and 2pm late checkout. I was told this resort was one of the first ones in the area, you can tell when you compare it to the huge modern and luxurious resorts next door.

Hotel is 4 stars. Food was good. Staff was also very good, except at Noon in beach restaurant where demand exceeded capacity. Drinks were ok. Pools were nice and warm. Beach is massive, but waves are rough so not swimable. There are 3 pools. The pool facing estuary is very quiet and private. Enjoyed free bike tour. Popular with Canadian charter groups.

Overall had a great time and satisfied. Not luxury, but not bad. Not a party hotel either. Kids and wife loved it, that is what matters

Hotel is walking distance to mall and shops, restaurants and Cabo San Jose with art galleries, etc.
Thanks for the detailed trip report. I just booked the same hotel for my wife and I using 35K points. This will be my first time at an all-inclusive....are all meals and drinks on property included? Any limits? Do you just wear a wrist band or something?