FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:41 pm
critterchick

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
IMO this is still the best U.S. domestic offering, bar none. Sure certain elements of B6 may be better but FLL is less convenient for most people traveling to Dade County, and the 777 is a more spacious and airy cabin versus an A321 even with the Mint Suite.

It's just too bad the morning AA 299 is gone and the later return AA 252 and AA 1488 (this one will need a new LAA flight number) are gone. Usually there's a widebody drought here in the Northern Summer when most of the widebody capacity is used for seasonal routes and capacity increases. This has been the case for years on this route, along with other more sporadic domestic widebody flying (i.e. BOS-LAX and JFK-SAN).
Sure, the 777 is a much nicer plane (I still miss the 767 on the LAX-JFK route!), but, all things considered, I will fly Mint every time when the price difference is $500-800 (J-F) the way it is right now. FLL-Miami is an easy drive (for a Southern Californian, anyway) and the food and service on Jet Blue is superior to what we've experienced lately on AA.