FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: What to do with 48k Aeroplan points?
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:35 pm
longtimeflyin
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Crianizied
Thanks for all the responses.

Flying west sounds like an interesting possibility. I'm pretty sure I can think of some other points I can transfer to make up the missing 2000.

However, I don't have any status of any sort. Does that mean I will get a hefty fuel surcharge? What should I expect to pay in the end? How flexible are the dates I can pick?

And honestly, I don't really value flying business over economy for such a short flight. I wouldn't buy business with my own money so its worth less than the price tag to me.

Not anymore unfortunately. Maybe YYZ if I can do that? But then again, definitely not three round trips anytime soon.

And I don't quite speak the FlyerTalk lingo. J means business class but toasters mean what? And we're always talking about round trips and not one way, right?
Yes, 50,000 miles is for round trips in business class. YQ, or carrier/fuel surcharge is not that expensive. Budget around $200/ticket.

Sure, it's 25,000 miles round trip in economy class, but you're getting a far less return on your miles by flying in economy, but do as you wish.

When we're talking about toasters, we really mean, toaster. It's just an ongoing joke here on the forum. Toasters have a poor redemption value, so we often joke that a million and ninety miles equals 3 toasters, as an example.