FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avianca Amigo membership
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:43 am
Snacky

Originally Posted by Snacky

6.5 says the following:
"6.5. As of March 31 of 2017, annually on the same date, a reassessment of the Card Category attributed to the Amigo Member at that time, considering the Qualifiable Points and the segments flown earned in the previous calendar year, from January 01 to December 31 ("Calendar Year"), when then the Card Category downgrade or renewal can occur, i.e., following the criteria established on Clause 6.2. above, the Amigo Member can have its Card Category kept or be reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time."

Well, in 6.5, the phrase "reclassified to the immediately inferior category" is nowhere to be found. In fact, it says "reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time". 6.5 further then refers to the qualification criteria in 6.2, which solely indicates that the actitivity in the previous year determines the new tier, which would mean a downgrade to, as I understand it, the tier matching your actual activity, independent of your previous tier.

Snacky
Quoting myself, I knew there was a chance for a complete and utter slashing of ones status, as there was no real promise of a soft landing scheme in the T&C.

This is really too bad (at least on my part), but not entirely unexpected.

Snacky