FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA's reimbursement offer leaving me short
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:21 am
barobson

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK * A Gold, Qatar Gold
I have just read this whole thread and felt very sorry for the OP, it looked like they had little choice and it was late at night. It made me think of an experience I had with BA at the end of the year and whether or not BA had been reasonable. I am a GCH and had used a RFS in Club Europe to DUB from LHR and was due to return to London on 30th Dec 16. I was not in DUB but Athlone a good 70 or 80 miles away and was dependent on public transport to get to and from the airport. A few hours before my evening flight was due to leave I got a text from BA saying my flight was cancelled and I should log into the app to accept/reject an alternative flight. The app was not working so eventually I called the gold line who told me I had been rebooked on the 0700hr departure the next day. If I did not take this then there were no other flights available for a few days (as it was New Year). I explained that I could not get to Dub for that time in the morning and would they provide a hotel and I was told very clearly that as the cancellation was due to weather (fog at LHR) this was not their problem. I ended up getting someone to give me a lift (involving a 4am start), the 7am flight was then delayed a couple of hours and there was no catering at all - simply a glass of water. I had accepted their comment that they had no responsibilty for me as the issue was weather related but after reading this thread I am no longer sure that was the case? Could I have claimed and if so is it too late to claim now? Additional costs were not huge, mainly fuel for my lift but it left a very sour taste in my mouth for some weeks!