FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:10 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by MrLee
I know, I was toying with that idea yesterday when I was thinking whether to have 2 days at the Walk, for example, and then 2 days at the WA.

It will be my first time in Dubai and I won't land until after 10pm on the first night, so it will likely be a small bite and then off to bed. I then have 3 full days there and will catch a lunch time flight the following day.

That could be a good idea, though, to have split the time between the Walk and the Creek.
I would do this. I probably wouldn't go out to the WA if I was on my own, but that's a personal choice.

I think JBR is a lot more than 'a mall with a few chain restaurants'. It's a modern, bustling hub; and other than outside the mall on a Friday afternoon it's the only place in Dubai you're pretty much guaranteed to see lines of Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens, etc. if that's your thing.

That said, you are very much 'down the bottom end' of Dubai, and so moving up to the Creek would allow you to see the older side of Dubai. The Souks, the creek, and you're also closer to Dubai Mall up there (which IMHO is a much better experience than Mall of the Emirates).

When are you there?

Edit: Regarding your comments on the Conrad, it has indeed gone way downhill recently. That being said, it's still a very new, very luxurious hotel. I'd say if you haven't been there before, thus can't miss the things that have been removed, you may well still find it a very nice property. The quality of the rooms, etc. hasn't diminished, it's just the lounge offerings, etc. that aren't what they once were. But you can't miss what you've never had.