FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:10 am
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyWithKaeMarie
Thank you, yes this is what I was asking just didn't know how to put it. As an Aussie, I have a credit card that accrues our national airlines points: Qantas. As they are part of the OneWorld Alliance I was unsure if I would accrue points under "OneWorld" or individually and have to get individual FF programs for each airline I fly with - as I like to fly with different ones all the time.

The next question, though, is if I fly with American and use my Qantas FF number - as they are one alliance, would I receive the full points I would if I used my American Airlines FF number or would it be reduced?
As post 1352, you will earn QF points flying an AA flight
You do not always earn 100% flying a QF flight number on QF aircraft. No different with other airlines
Earning rate depends on the class. www.wheretocredit.com/aa

25% earn rate in a fpp where they can be used is far better than 75% earn rate in a ffp that will expire before you get enough to use.

It is not a good idea to be a member of many ffps'. You never get enough miles/points/avios to be useful. They can expire.
FF miles/points are not equal between ffp's . For example QF is poor compared to AA (earn/burn).