FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:21 pm
jeeden

A little long, but odd:

For a jetblue flight for my wife and I coming up in October I wanted to pay with points for half so I transferred points and got two tickets one way on points outbound and then under a seperate reservation paid for two tickets returning (I did it this was so both reservations had both people on it so TSA precheck would carry over to my wife). I forgot I had jetblue selected for our gold card and that is what was default on our jetblue account.

We were charged 4 charges from jetblue: 5.60 twice for the taxes on the points tickets and $137.40 twice for the two plane tickets. (Tickets were $274.80 on one purchase). I looked today and it shows that the two $5.60 charges are reimbursed and then $88.80 (remaining of the $100 credit) is reimbursed.

I'll take it, but things I can't figure out:
- Why the two separate charges for the taxes on the points tickets on the same reservation made with one purchase
- Why the two separate charges for the airline tickets on the same reservation made with one purchase
- I guess why the reimbursement since the transfer of the $88.80. The amount makes sense, but it was for tickets.

Maybe a combination of odd charges made it all seem like fees from jetblue? BTW, just regular seats, not mint, extra legroom, etc.