FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair assistance - who qualifies and some questions
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:19 pm
Loren Pechtel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Linda Myers
Anyone know if this is true at LAX? Having issues with my leg and my trip is in 3 weeks.

My problem here is I'm a newbie when it come's to travel. I booked a flight overseas in 3 tickets. So I will be having to recheck luggage and pass through security/Customs on way out and way back.

I had enough time with my layover to do everything and make it to connecting flight. Now with my leg I'm worried about how fast I can really do that. But if I go with a wheelchair assist I lose time waiting to get off plane last and possibly other waiting time if they aren't promptly at gate. Washes out I think. But cutting security line would make wheelchair assist the better option.

So my question is does anyone know if you cut to the front of the security/Customs line at LAX international terminal? I don't wanna be that young guy cutting the line but unfortunately my nonrefundable ticket don't give me a choice.

Appreciate any help!
3 tickets, yikes!! I hope you booked long connections! IIRC it was LAX where my wife was in a chair due to an injury, she did bypass the security line. That was a few years ago, though. If you're in an airport chair I think that's pretty common--they don't want their pushers waiting through the security lines. However, we did have a problem with them--the chair was assigned to the pusher which would have left her without a chair for 5 hours during our connection. (Bad luck with seat availability, we didn't want it to be that long.) Took quite a bit of yapping and refusing to get out of the chair until they provided a replacement to get some sanity out of them. (And there were no family restrooms, either--meant I had to wheel her into the men's room.)