FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My EVA Royal Laurel experience
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:05 pm
bj27

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by NoTravelIsFree
There are. I remember getting off a flight from SIN-TPE and agents were standing right outside the jetway and flagging pax over to the connecting YYZ flight which was parked next door. Pretty efficient. I had been worried about the 55 minute connection (and rebooking 3 in J) so had changed my flight to the next day but it was not necessary ...all worked out though as I got another fix of Din Tai Fung annd a visit the BR Infinity lounge - I thought it was great - like being in a disco with self-serve ice-cream
Glad to hear. I feel like TPE is always getting better in this aspect -- they are well-staffed during busy flight bank times to direct customers where to go. I appreciate that they proactively monitor flight connections and take appropriate actions. You'd be hard-pressed to find similar service in North America.

I remember on a 45 minute Delta-Delta connection at DTW my 1st flight was delayed 20 minutes so I had 25 minutes to make the connection --and then my bag had to be gate checked so it really left 15 as I spent 10 minutes waiting for my bag. A long and sweaty sprint from the B gates underground to the far end of A gates made me the last pax to board. Granted I'm sure Delta doesn't have the capacity to do this sort of stuff at DTW (DL does do it at NRT!).

I do love the self-serve Movenpick ice cream at the Infinity lounge 3 scoops of caramelita, please!