FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBP warned me about having video on my laptop that I converted from my own Blu-ray/LD
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:32 am
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TiberiusOnTime
Or that you bought the digital movies on amazon. Because its digital doesn't mean it was downloaded or ripped illegally. That comment might have stopped the officer from making the uninformed slanted question in the future.

In any case the OP might want to consider resting his eyes as well. Not only for health reasons but it sounds like CBP noticed and it's what started this whole conversation.
Well, all the officer actually DID was to give the OP information that was not previously known by the OP; the OP thought the opposite was true. My opinion is that it isn't hard to cross the border with a clean computer or device. There's always the possibility that your device can get looked at when you cross a border, so I think it's not a bad idea. I've had NEXUS for many years now and had the car searched once going northbound (random search). We were clean, so once they finished they sent us on our way.

Last edited by Carl Johnson; Aug 1, 2017 at 9:38 am