FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The stupid PNR auto-splitting at T-24 needs to stop
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:09 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmthomps
If our PNR had been split at or before check in on the outbound flight, how/why did my husband get upgraded with me (even seated together) on one of the return legs, but didn't even show on upgrade list for our connecting flight on the outbound? It seems he had my status on the return, but not the outbound?
Actually, I have a guess for that as well. The elite PNR splitting process creates a new PNR for the Premier member and keeps the companion(s) on the original PNR. My guess is that the old PNR had already been checked in and was flagged 'do not upgrade' (because you'd already cleared in advance). That status likely carried over for the remainder of the outbound, but resets at the end of a day of travel. Someone at BUR or SFO could probably have "fixed" this by clearing that flag and getting your husband on the list, but unfortunately there was no way to put things back the way you wanted, on the same PNR.