FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - can't assign seats OGG-SFO in J - aircraft swap?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:05 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by bpratt
I would have sworn that the united.com seatmap had "Polaris" next to that section when I was selecting seats for the outbound, but I can't reproduce that now so it was either pilot error on my part or a website glitch. Either way, I had no expectations in that respect.
The seat descriptions for aircraft with fly many route types tend to be buggy - I've definitely seen 77Gs say "United Polaris business" from time to time.

Originally Posted by bpratt
First off, am I missing some other obvious reason I can't select seats (overbooking in J, United's web site doesn't like me, etc)? And assuming it's an aircraft swap, how safe are my J seats? the seat map on United.com shows the 777-200 HD seating, with 28 Polaris J seats, just none selectable.
As has been mentioned upthread, United does not oversell the premium cabins. On the 77G, 1AB are blocked for crew rest and will be released approximately 60 hours before departure when a tail number is assigned to the flight. Did you buy the last two tickets in F? This is the likely cause.

If you have a specific flt/date then I can look at that.

Originally Posted by transportprof
Most United flights to LIH are on 738s, which make the old 24 seat F cabins on the 757s look good.
I believe UA ops at LIH are exclusively 752, which are now all lie-flat. It's a short runway and a long way to the West Coast.