FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline won't help because "ticket was issued through a travel agent"
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:08 pm
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I just looked up a ticket from SFO to SNA for tomorrow. $174.
I cannot imagine many fliers just want to give airlines their money by choosing to buy the most expensive ticket available, whether business or leisure fliers
Originally Posted by CashN
All elites have a PQD requirement. Good luck spending 12k a year if you are buying cheaply seats. I would argue most leisure travelers book way in advance, much cheaper than most elites who have last minute business travel. I've paid ~$400- $500 for SFO to SNA and LAX to LAS dozens of time. I can't imagine leisure travelers doing that.
Originally Posted by CashN
Much like hotels, it depends on time of year and availability. I've paid as low as $230 for Westin St. Francis and as high as $1,100/night.

Also, the time matters. LAX-LAS for the weekend of Aug 23rd currently ranges from $170 to $330 depending on time. A few days before both will be significantly higher. Cheap booking classes often aren't available a day or two before the flight. Even Southwest can have astronomical costs.

Sorry, but what is the relevance to the OP's point/question, which is about ticket control, not pricing?