FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:25 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I have a Saver UA domestic award IAD-SFO-IAD

Leave on a Wed, return Tuesday redeye

Two questions

Would UA allow me to change (assuming saver award availability) outbound say from Wed to Friday

and/or Change Tuesday return from a red eye to an earlier flight that day?

I have no status

Both legs are Saver Awards

Is there a fee for this? if so, what is the fee?

thanks

Edit to say

it appears it will be $125 to do this once so if I want to do both, I better do them on the same call - correct? or get charged another $125?
Follow-up due to change of aircraft

So I check seating assignments again like I do on a daily basis and notice that my GF lost her seat assignment and none are left in the non E+ section. WThe.. and then check mine and sure enough my aisle is gone

Get the dreaded email, aircraft swap although it is from a 738 to a 738 - I am guessing that there are different versions of the 738? and now I'm unassigned.

So what is the best strategy now to get a seat assignment?

Since I don't have a seat (nor does my GF); our PNR's are not linked (should I call to link them?) should I just wait it out and see if they will assign us to E+ or should I be proactive and keep looking and tomorrow (Tue) at the T-24 mark (or even before that) start looking?

At what point might we be able to select E+ for free (if any) or is that just not likely to happen?

thx