FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this too tight a connection (2hr 25min GMP-ICN)
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:36 am
mikesaidyes

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I think that it could work if everything lines up. If you have bags, you will have to be at the counter to drop them presumably 1 hr ahead at 7:15. In theory this means arriving at airport at 7 to factor in walk from train area/find counter etc.

It is about a 30-35 minute taxi ride (35 USD) or bus (7$) .....or a 35-40 minute train ride (3.5$). I would err with train in case of surprise traffic. Factor in a walk down to train add 5-10 minutes.

So if you land at 5:50, off plane by 6. You will beat your bags to belt bc small airport. Wait 15 mins for bags max (hypothetical worst case guess). I just checked apps. If you are on train 6:30 arrive 7:08 at Incheon. You would have to sprint a long distance to make check in by 7:15.

Obviously if you take bus/taxi it is better as it is door to door and that can save 20 minutes... but traffic could also destroy that time, too.

Another option would be KTX train to Yongsan Station. Trains run all day. At Yongsan, you can take subway line 1 OR a cheap taxi to Seoul Station. From Seoul Station there is the Airport Line. Seoul Station to Incheon check in counters with walk is about an hour.