FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline won't help because "ticket was issued through a travel agent"
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:12 am
invisible

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by keitherson
A lot of airlines I've noticed are doing this, saying that if you book through a travel agent, they won't help you. For tickets issued under their own stock.
Yep. Had this situation with Expedia Singapore. Here are details

In short - I got email with subj 'Your itinerary was modified by the airline', on Friday evening. It completely screwed up my plans because moved connection times and flights. I called LH and they told me that because reservation was made by Expedia, they have to initiate the change back. On my argument 'but it was YOU who changed the reservation', got the same reply - 'call Expedia'.

Called Expedia Singapore and they were closed - they close at 6PM local time. Email reply will be processed next business day - three days from now, while my flight departs within a week.

Called Expedia US and they told me that because reservation was made via Expedia Singapore, they can't do anything.

Saturday morning - called Expedia Singapore and explained the situation. And I am getting reply that 'modification of the itinerary need to be initiated by manger who is not in office so you need to call on Monday'.

In short, it took 4 days and dozen calls and 10 hours on phone to sort this out.

Never again.

Last edited by invisible; Jul 31, 2017 at 2:19 am