FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late Sept. Spain trip planning advice requested
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:45 am
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Thank you to all who have responded with helpful information!

Based on your responses, we have decided to consider adding Madrid to this as well!

I am also considering using the Marriott vacation package option to redeem X amount of points for 7 nights plus United miles for a flight for the trip. But if I do that, the seven nights have to be for one consecutive stay. So the question is: where would we stay for seven whole nights???? I rarely stay in one place that long. We were thinking if we were going to be in one hotel that many nights in a row, perhaps it should be Madrid since it seems there is so much to see around there, and instead go for a few days to Barcelona and the Pyrenees. Would you recommend more time in Madrid or more time in Barcelona (or somewhere else) if you had seven whole nights to use up in one place?

I am excited about many options listed here! I am a total sucker for any town/city I can walk the walls in, medieval cities, love the any sort of orchard/vineyard areas, food towns, etc. and it looks like there are many such suggestions here. Thank you! Also, I will be looking into the bus option for the Pyrenees. I am hoping we can take the bus up there, then stay there for a couple of days, and the bus back down.

Also, now that I have learned more about Spain, I also would love to see San Sebastian, Basque country, etc. If we have to stay seven nights in one place (and it will likely be Madrid), that gives us 4-5 nights other places. We would like to still see Barcelona/Girona/Tossa de Mar/etc., the Pyrenees/Montserrat, and possibly San Sebastian and Basque country. Am I being way too ambitious to think we can get all of those other places in within 4-5 nights???

Thanks again for the help!

Last edited by sinfonia; Jul 30, 2017 at 10:28 am