FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I finally ended my loyalty to AA and I love it....
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:52 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
This doesn't help domestic issues with low cost carriers. Flying airlines like Allegiant for example could mean some pretty nasty delays for mechanical issues. With sometimes only one or two routes a week to the airports they serve there isn't a backup plane sitting around. With AA or other similar size carriers there are typically many more options to get someone home on time.

I think the point a few people are making here is that it's great to shop around but you also need to be smart about it an recognize potential consequences.
The reply was in response to the comment regarding use of Norwegian Premium economy - where these protections exist

Originally Posted by rjw242
100% agree. I'm quite happy with the likes of Allegiant and Norwegian for leisure and non-time-critical business travel. If it's absolutely critical that I'm somewhere at a certain time, though, I'd be less inclined to use them.
With my experiences of AA domestic travel, I wouldn't be using AA if it was critical to arrive on time