FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:52 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by naples_flyer
Rene is out with his big scoop that Delta will no longer allow spend on an Amex card to waive the MQD spend requirement or Diamond Status. He has been soliciting everyone to write Delta and Amex to head this off.

Rene does not have the best track record with predictions but this one may happen. If it does I think one of the biggest casualties will be Rene. What in the world would he have to write about if you can't mileage run and get an Amex waiver to experience the bliss of Diamond Medallion? [I say bliss of medallion somewhat sarcastically as I have watched the benefits drift away over the years].

I can understand why he is so worked up about the possible changes...it may be the end of his blog!
As noted 2 weeks go in the thread on that " As usual, Rene has difficulty in separating the personal from the professional --" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...then-read.html