FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Metropolitan, Paris, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:56 am
chimark

Completed two stays here in the last week. On a 1 night stay while we were transiting Paris, stayed in a classic room (no upgrades available), while a five night award stay got us a junior suite.

The rooms were very well maintained - I had no issues there at all. The classic room we were in was a very odd layout with the shower/sink on one side of the room and the toilet on the other - very odd to wash your hands on the other end of the room. The junior suite, on the other hand, was absolutely perfect - a beautiful design and very comfortable, with a giant bathroom and walk in shower (the shower there was bigger than both half bathrooms combined from the classic). Macarons were waiting for us in both rooms, as well as a bottle of champagne in the junior suite. My bigger issue with maintenance is the hallways - they have either teal or purple carpet that has seen better decades. Quite a few stains and holes. The hallways are tiny, so it shouldn't cost that much to update! That said, the lobby and rooms are the only places I'm spending time, so it's a minor bone.

We did not elect to have breakfast in the hotel - I'd rather go out and explore the cafés. We did have drinks one evening and the pours were generous to say the least.

I would echo the comments on the staff - simply wonderful and service oriented. We were treated by name every night as we arrived back to the hotel - and remembered between stays. We had stayed at Le Dokhan's before this due to the Le Metropolitan being sold out on Bastille Day (we walked over and watched the fireworks from the street outside Le Metropolitan regardless). Since we were using Paris as a base for exploration, we brought a smaller bag and planned to leave our larger suitcase in Paris. I walked over to Le Metropolitan and confirmed they could store our luggage before our official stay (both hotels are tiny with limited storage space) and there was no problem. One of the same people was working the next morning when I came by with the luggage and he recognized me by name before I had even stayed in the hotel! I will say that the evening crew (or Sunday morning) is much more friendly than the day shift. I did get some attitude on a Tuesday morning attempting to re-store our luggage as we headed out again, even though I had cleared this already.

From an overall environment, things are very easy to get to. Both Victor Hugo and Trocodéro metro stations are an easy walk away. I wouldn't bother with Uber, it's very easy to connect off of the metro lines that serve these stations and traffic can get a bit congested in Trocodéro when there's a delivery, drop off, construction, etc.