FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I finally ended my loyalty to AA and I love it....
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:01 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
True, those who fly on companies dimes are different. But even them, should rethink about where to credit their butt in seat miles.

For the rest of us who dont have an expense account, we do not necessary need to apply many credit cards nor buy many gift cards.

If you have enough spend, you earn miles much faster than flying. With the constant sale of miles from all programs, you literally can pick and choose which one works the best for your immediate needs, especially if you think outside the US3. Seriously I dont see other than flying with OPM, why would anyone not be price-sensitive when taking into account of price/schedule/product combined.

The days of mileage run to earn status and cheap miles are long gone. So is the concept of "loyalty".
Pretty clear that poster was including manufactured spend in their list of boring time sinks. Or perhaps the reference to standing in line at Walmart was lost on you? I think the point was that mindlessly chasing after and being obsessed with 'da points' is not really any better than mindlessly chasing after status.