FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:52 pm
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
UC access at HKG

checkout post #24 of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1856353-lounge-acess-hkg-2.html
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
If you're connecting from UA to a KA flight, do you even have access to the star alliance options? I'm thinking the UA club may work since you're arriving from a UA flight, but wouldn't the SQ/TG lounges want to see an onward *A boarding pass?

With that said, since you're departing on KA, you should have access to the Cathay lounges should you have the appropriate status or someone to guest you in...

WineCountryUA , Yesterday 8:31 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by garykung
    I believe many of you misinterpreted the access rule. The following is my 2 cents.

1. Based on *A access rule, you will have access only if you have a *A BP departing from the same airport you are using the lounge. Since lounge access privilege is linked with *G, not your UA elite status, *A lounge access rule will prevail.

OP is UA*G traveling SFO-HKG on UA and HKG-SGN on HX. Both in Y. So OP should not have access to UC simply based on *G. ....

This is incomplete.

UA offers access to its customer above / beyond the *A rules.

UA offers UC access on arrival for UA's premium cabin international customers and its (UA's) *G for UA operated international itins (any cabin) -- this is above and beyond the *A rules but is clearly spelled out on UA's site -- as has been quote multiple times earlier in the thread.

UA simply has expanded access rulesfor some of its customers

Of course you need to be able to get to the UC to exercise this benefit -- that ability will vary based on the airport and you next activity. For instance, if that includes a non-*A flight and that flights is from the same terminal -- then it will work.

warakorn , Today 4:21 am
    This is great news - I didn't know that.
    Thus, I can take a shower in the future in the UA Club LHR T2B after a longhaul arrival on UA. So far, I could only access the Lufthansa Lounge, which has no shower.