FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:48 am
Ksw299

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
I recently made my first two Marriott meeting reservations. I started with the Marriott online booking form and got emails from hotel personnel. In response to the emails I requested a small conference room for 4-6 people for one hour and received an hourly rate that was quite reasonable. Written contracts were sent. Neither contained my MR number or any reference to any kind of rewards, but I wrote my MR number on the contracts before signing and returning.

The first meeting was on Friday. Everything seemed to go well. The courteous receptionist ran my credit card and gave me a receipt with my MR number on it. Nothing has posted so far, but it's only been two days so I'm hopeful.

I'm less optimistic about the second meeting, which will be tomorrow (Monday) at a different property. In response to the signed contract with my MR number on it, my contact responded that this hotel doesn't award MR points unless the client books either 10 guest rooms or a full-day meeting room, but that she was giving me 1000 MR bonus points. I responded that I was grateful for the bonus points and recognized that the number of non-bonus points I'd get for this meeting would be very small, but I just want to make sure the meting will be entered into the system so that MR will have an accurate account of my activity. I got a response that was courteous but noncommittal. I figure it's best to discuss this further after the meeting -- which, by the way, will be a real meeting albeit small and inexpensive.
I kind of had the same issue with my local marriott. I bargained with them for a 100$ price for a 2 hour interview, signed the contract and everything.

When the time came to post the nights and points (300 as 3 points per $) I got 1000 points but no nights credit.

I reached out to the sales rep who I sent the signed contract and she said I get only points since I did not book any rooms. I sent her the screenshot from marriott rewards and she
re-directed me to customer service.

So I contacted customer service and the first rep said its upto the property to award the nights and customer service could not help me.

So I HUCA and the next rep was very helpful, she got the sales rep from the property on the other line and explained to her what needs to be done (all the while I was on hold).

At the end of the call I got 1000 bonus points as a goodwill measure, 300 points for the meeting and 10 nights credit as well.

She apologized multiple times and at the end said we both ended up educating the sales rep at the property.

I forgot to note down her name as I plan to schedule 2 more in the coming months.

I just hope the sales rep will automatically post this time.