FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Mixed Fleet Strike 2017 - cancellations
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:11 am
hkinnam1

Originally Posted by CKBA
The BA228/229 seems to have taken a few hits recently - being cancelled on 14, 21 and 24 July.

I was originally booked on the 14 July BA229 - but was rebooked onto the following days flight. BA have agreed to the 'reasonable costs', but have refused cancellation compensation - perhaps not surprising (for round 1).

However:
i) at no stage did BA admit the cancellation was a result of industrial action - until they refused compensation (i.e. they withheld information);
ii) the cancellations of the BWI services (and probably other routes) are in excess of the 'only 0.5%' cancellation rate touted by BA - therefore it must have been an operational decision (not just industrial action);
iii) the 'merger of flights' is clearly not available on a single-flight route (JFK, yes); however, I was surprised that BA didn't reroute people to IAD (Washington Dulles) and bus them to BWI (like they used to do).
Ooof! This is good to know. I believe I saw an INDN cancellation code for that 7/24 flight, which would link it to the strike. Our flight on BA228 on the 13th was just fine, but we did note the service was slower than previous BA/EI flights I've taken. Our 229 flight is scheduled for tomorrow. So they're not offering any sort of compensation to get passengers from IAD to BWI? I mean, you can technically get to BWI on public transit, but it's pretty tough and would take forever.