FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My EVA Royal Laurel experience
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:48 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Three questions:

1. I am 6'4'' will the PJs be clownishly small aka should I bring my own.

2. Does EVA keep the cabin too hot?

3. I have a reasonably tight connection in TPE (JFK-TPE connecting to TPE-HKG ~1.5 hour), if there's no priority line for J, will this be enough time?
PJs are too small for 6'4''. Bring your own.

I was very comfortable the 2 times I have been on EVA this year. Temperature was fine. These were both long-haul in J.

1.5 hours is fine for connection (normal caveats; on-time arrival, etc).

It is interesting to read some of the reviews. I have just started flying EVA Royal Laurel this year. After 2 long-haul flights, I have been impressed...enough so that I have 2 more scheduled this year now.

All airlines have their idiosyncrasies. I noticed the thorough cabin prep for takeoff, with nothing around the seat. And I found the call button was certainly the way to obtain service from the FAs when needed.

The catering is very good. Love the option to pre-book from an extensive selection. Drinks on board are very good. In addition to Champagne, their 1837 TWG tea is stellar.
Seats are comfortable, IFE is good, and I have found the service to be very professional.