FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:38 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by WHBM
31. Identify the three French airlines that flew nonstop from Paris to Pointe A Pitre, Guadeloupe.

Air France and AOM have already been identified

I believe the third carrier would be Air Liberte, also running DC-10s like AOM. They also provided and crewed the DC-10 aircraft for Cubana's flights from Europe to Havana, which had mostly given up their IL62s by this time.

Per the schedule I reference, the third carrier was not Air Liberte. I believe the airline in question merged with AOM to later form Air Liberte or - as it was later known - Air Lib. I might as well tap in here as frankly, there are no other options that come to mind.

Again, per the schedule I reference, that airline was Minerve. WHBM, perhaps you might be able to shed a bit more light on this merger. (Of course I could be entirely wrong and perhaps Air Liberte was a stand-alone outfit)
And now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to board N518AS for the two stop flight from Ketchikan up to Anchorage. Lots of rain down here - on average 141 inches per year. By contrast, total precipitation in Fairbanks thus far this year is less than 7 inches.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jul 26, 2017 at 9:48 pm