FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Flights 200 & 201 to Johannesburg
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:58 pm
Robert Leach
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
For folks who wonder how people do this in Economy, I would take an exit row or bulk head seat anytime over a Delta "coffin" seat. The "coffin" class seat does not fit me nor allows me to roll onto my side. It does feel like sleeping in a coffin with god awful service from the FAs. If it is SQ business class then it is a no brainer. With Delta, you are better off with the exit row or bulk head seat.
Just gotta disagree with you on all of these points. Give me the lie-flat anytime, even if it doesn't fit perfectly. Sitting upright for 15-16-17 hours is not for me, bulkhead/exit or not.

And, for goodness sakes, the service from the FAs is not "god awful." Not Singapore, for sure, but it's several levels above your declaration.

As to other comments on this route, the customs and immigration on arrival seems fine, but on departure there is a long winding Disneyesque line (whether in coach or business) to go through passport control in a room with poor ventilation and low ceilings. It was sort of miserable. And since a number of flights leave for Europe in the evening around the same time (including some A380 aircraft), it is a rush hour of sorts. It was not nice getting all sweaty just before getting on a plane for almost 18 hours going westbound.

Last edited by Robert Leach; Jul 26, 2017 at 7:22 am