FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at SFO [ARCHIVE]
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:45 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yes, use the GS reception by Door 6. They will check you bag and deposit you near the front of the security queue.
ADDENDUM: if just flying GF and not being GS, you might be directed to Polaris checkin, which is apparently a new-ish thing mentioned in some other threads
Originally Posted by doggz
Yeah, in February I flew on GF and tried to check in at the GS reception, but I was directed to the 1K/Polaris desk outside instead.
Thanks for your kind replies. I just wanted to confirm: Are you saying that in any case, UA will check in my bags late in the PM on day 1 for an early PM flight the next day?

And of interest, at least when this news release was generated, GF flyers were welcome at the GS checkin:

http://newsroom.united.com/2014-10-1...-San-Francisco

"Located across from doors five and six, on the departures level of Terminal 3, the new Global Services reception lobby will also offer personalized check-in services to customers traveling in United Global First on long-haul international flights."

When I asked elsewhere on this board about this, at least one FTer confirmed that the GS checkin was available to GF flyers. I'll report back my experience.

Last edited by 747FC; Jul 25, 2017 at 7:47 pm Reason: clarity