FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Flights 200 & 201 to Johannesburg
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:33 pm
rubenswm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DeltaBlueHen
I'm flying on Flights 200 and 201 from Atlanta to Johannesburg in August. Being that both flights are 16 hours in length, can I get any suggestions as to a time to sleep in either direction? How long does it typically take to get through customs in Johannesburg? Any other pointers for this flight would be appreciated. I have upgraded to Delta Comfort.
I slept whenever I was tired on the flight out (200), which ended up working out just fine. You leave in the evening ET and land evening local time. We had a flight the next morning to Skukuza but still ended up with enough time to drop our bags off at our hotel (Westcliff), grab a bite and still sleep at a reasonable hour.

J'burg customs was pretty quick, nothing noteworthy there. Being in C+ you'll obviously be towards the front. F is usually packed on the flight but we were still able to grab an entire C+ row as somebody used a GUC freeing up the seat. I would avoid the first row of C+ as legroom seemed a little restricted (we were in second)