FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Notes from the SFO area MVP Gold Luncheon
Old Mar 21, 2003, 9:20 pm
Explore

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
The lunch was served in impressive high-rent surroundings at the Fountain Room of the Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco. Very toothsome boutique lettuce salad, followed by a glazed chicken breast with mashed potatoes, dark gravy and zucchini slivers, and finished off with berries in a thin pastry bowl. Mini-wallets labelled "MVP Gold" were distributed as gifts. Luckily this was on the day BEFORE the massive anti-war demonstrations in SF.

My AS Sales Dept. seatmate commented that they had poor participation holding a previous year's event at the Oakland Airport hangar where she works, though I would have gone there too.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PSC 1K:

Just one question - I know the trancons don't go from SFO, but any discussion of food on those runs?

</font>
At the lunch, AS was complimented on the fine creative meals enjoyed between SEA and WAS in 10/02 (e.g. breakfast of salmon and scrambled eggs with Yukon Gold potatoes; snack of camembert, apple wedges, pear slices sprinkled with cracked peppercorns, figs on lettuce; dessert of pumpkin pie with a layer of cream cheese; and always warm nuts before meals - compare to boring UA). This was contrasted to the occasionally strange "snack" fare dished up in AS F on short West Coast hops.

[This message has been edited by Explore (edited 03-21-2003).]