FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:34 am
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Thank you James for your efforts to put pen to paper! Yes this does matter.

Do keep in mind Amex was blindsided with the change from 1+2 for Delta Reserve card to just card holder. I think Delta tells Amex very little of what they are planning to do until it happens.

I do agree we can maybe, just maybe, prevent this from happening if we make enough noise!
IIRC, Amex promised those of us who complained about the above that there would be an off-setting benefit forthcoming... which never materialized.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wouldn't be surprised either if Delta takes away the MQD waiver and then brings back a benefit where if you charge $25K you get a partial credit for the MQD or you have to charge $100K for the MQD waiver making it sound like an enhancement.

They did it with the Gordon's. They put Gordon's in the skyclubs for a while and it came back to bite them and then brought back the free Bailey's and different midshelf brands then they had before and sent out an email making it sound like an enhancement (I don't remember any emails going out when they took away the free Bailey's and when the substituted Tanq and Skyy with Gordon's).

They used to allow up to like 8 people on your reservation to upgrade to C+ and then eliminated all companions and then a couple months later they sent out an email saying they were making enhancements to the program by allowing a +1 to upgrade to C+ and First (this is something I do consider an enhancement though and am glad Delta limits it to +1 in C+).
The "take away a real benefit, give something lesser back, and call it an enhancement" scam has, indeed, been run multiple times.

Sort of like the reverse of the Washington DC logic that claims that trimming a spending increase that has not yet been implemented is actually a spending cut.