FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:41 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hillcountrytraveller
Thoughts on LMP vs. St. Ermins vs. JW Grosvenor House for Golds. We are a party of 5 (grandmother, parents, 2 kids 11 &14) so would use 2x pts for a jr suite and then a regular room at LMP. The St. Ermins and Grosvenor upgrade is 100 gbp. The collective cost is similar at the properties. Marriott does consider us elites so we do get club access at Grosvenor where as only the Jr. suite does at LMP. Not sure of any breakfast at St. Ermins.

We have stayed at LMP and liked the location but found the rooms tired and the lounge lacking. The rooms at St. Ermins appear larger. I worry about the Grosvenor location for pure sightseeing.

Anyone considering the Marriott choices lately for a family london trip?
Thanks!
St. Ermins has a "family room", which is larger & has 2 bathrooms. With a party of 5 the 2 bathrooms could come in handy. Has a good location. StE does not have an exec lounge, but does provide breakfast for Gold/Plats.

Grosvenor House is a good choice as well, with potential upgrades & also the exec lounge. I normally stay at GH when I'm in London. It's a 5-minute walk to the Marble Arch tube stop & 10 minute walk to Hyde Park tube stop, so it's easy access to get around to the tourist spots.

The Sheraton Park Lane is also a good property & is getting lovely reviews post-renovation. Also close to tube stop.

Cheers.