FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:09 am
crazyanglaisy

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
My stay at the Sharq village has been excellent. Took an uber to come after brief stay at the arrivals lounge, arrived at 7am and given a nice room immediately. With my Marriott gold card, check in guy was even willing to give me a late check out and was sorry I have to leave early! Hotel is beautiful, I enjoyed the private beach in the early morning before the heat started. Food prices are crazy but rooms are tasteful and comfortable and this is a great break between long flights. A few middle eastern families on holiday with kids so swimming pool was very busy in late afternoon but that's the school holiday season.
Great to hear this. I'm staying at the Sharq this weekend whilst in transit. What counts as a late check out? My flight isn't departing until 2am (about 24 hours after I arrive), so I was hopeful that I might be able to check out at about 9pm (without any Marriott status).

Separately, does anyone know if it's the case that QR approve the transit visa very close to departure? I submitted mine over 3 weeks ago, and it has shown "Application Verified" for well over 2 of those weeks. I'm flying on Friday.