FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Good Airline, Yes, but Why Such Mediocre Lower Management ?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:21 am
plunet

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Your explanation is interesting, Thank you. I am however not sure that it is accurate:

I counted many empty air bridge equipped stands BOTH on arrival from CDG at 23.10 (A 380) and before departing to AKL at 03.01.
I usually do not "count" empty stands on arrival but I noticed it this time as I thought that the traffic suspension took its toll on QR's volume of operations. It is unlikely that so many unoccupied gates when I arrived AND departed were all made unavailable to QR 920 by so many In and Out movements occuring between those times.

Besides, DOH - AKL is not only the longest flight in the World, it is also one among those with the highest load factor. Finally, that a terminal opened only 3 years ago should have such a high occupancy of its least practical parking stands even for aircraft as big as B 777, denotes a serious design flaw.
My AKL flight was bussed from the terminal in April. It was minor detraction to a seemless service, but it was handled adequately and better than most other airports I have had the displeasure to need to be bussed to the craft. We pushed back a little late but arrived on time at AKL. I didn't see the issue of needing to be bussed to the craft a management failure given that the terminal is busy at that time.