FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:10 pm
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Not sure if this is the proper place to share, but here it goes. I believe this is just a HUCA type problem, but something didn't seem right

Called over the weekend to have my AAdv EP number added to a single segment domestic non-stop Avios award. Agent told me first that I need to contact BA...strike one.

Persisted and agent finally agreeed to "try" and said system was promoting for $75 agency fee. Explained to agent this isn't an agency issued ticket, AA is operating carrier and servicing my PNR in this manner should not be subject to the fee.

Agent says support desk allowed a "one time exception" and insisted this had been policy for years.

Agent is located at SERO (LAA Cary, NC) and both provided full spelling of name and agent sign without objection.

Overall very bizarre, was interesting way to spend 15 minutes yesterday but hopefully not indicative of what may be forthcoming.

Any thoughts?