FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UuA confusion with domestic sector upgrade on NCL/SAN flights
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:08 am
flusters

Cymro, KARFA and Ldnn1 thank you all for your enlightening and patient replies.

Yes, our June, Sept and Dec 2017 flights were all booked prior to April 2017 and clearly, the flights for March and June 2018 were booked after that date.

My wife is disabled and sitting nearer the front of the aircraft is less stressful. Therefore while I have no desire to upgrade the domestic sectors, in the many years of the pre-Club Europe era and of course for June, September and December 2017, we have continued to have seating assignments near the front. It was for that reason that I wanted to check out the reasoning behind the switch in seating arrangements for 2018 onwards.

I understand now that UuAs are per flight and since the introduction of CE on domestics in April 2017, the situation has changed. Stupidly, I read the following in Part 3 of Reward Flights section in the Guide to Spending Avios 2017 (which I realise now applies to full redemptions only but I applied it to suit my argument with UuAs!):

When pricing long haul redemptions, domestic connections within the UK and Mainland Spain are included in the fare. Taxes, fees, and surcharges associated with these domestic sectors are added to the overall fare however. In the case of redemptions to/from UK regional airports, the domestic sectors will be booked into Euro Traveller when World Traveller and World Traveller Plus is selected or booked into Club Europe when Club World and First is selected.

Thanks to your collective help, I am wiser now.

Last edited by flusters; Jul 24, 2017 at 9:22 am Reason: Name typo