FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keeping DM after long leave?
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:45 am
randidliyo

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Keeping DM after long leave?

I was on medical leave for 6 months and did no flying at all. Now I've started back up and will be on my normal pace, but it will be hard to get to DM on miles and/or segments. I'll get there on spending, but the travel part will be hard. I wrote a letter to DL through the website but got no response yet. Here's what I wrote:

Hello,

I’m a Delta Diamond and have been one since the beginning of the Diamond program, before that I was a platinum and I’m a million miler. Here is my question. I was on medical leave from mid-January to mid-July of this year and it will be difficult for me to renew my Diamond status, but I will be “on pace”, i.e. my amount of travel and spending will be the same if not more, I just won’t have enough time. Is there something that can be done? Can there be some sort of challenge, i.e. fly/spend “X” amount by the end of the year to maintain Diamond status? What can you do to help me not lose my status due to my medical leave that prevented me from working and travelling.

Has anyone ever been in this position and been able to get some sort of waiver or challenge to keep DM status?

Randidliyo