FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:38 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyeronac
I'd recommend the Great Northern Hotel instead. It's smaller but a great hotel in a great location
I don't agree at all. The Kings Cross location of the Great Northern Hotel is not at all comparable to that of Knightsbridge. Knightsbidge and Hyde Park Corner stops are right off the Piccadilly tube line direct to Heathrow. Knightsbridge is one of the most posh parts of the city, with some of the most luxurious hotels in the city nearby: The Lanesborough and Berkeley just across the street, the Mandarin Oriental down the street, the Dorchester and Four Seasons around the corner, the the Halkin by COMO just a few blocks away.

I'm not a big fan of the Park Tower Knightsbridge, but its location is incomparable in London. The Wellesley offers a similar location in Knightsbridge with a much nicer, more luxurious boutique hotel.

If one is looking to be closer to the Kings Cross area, the Great Northern makes sense. Otherwise, the Knightsbridge area for Starwood calls for the Wellesley, the Park Tower, or even the closer Sheraton Grand Park Lane just south of Mayfair. With Marriott, there are even more options.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 8, 2017 at 2:48 pm