FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:01 pm
jch636

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
One question on the option to take breakfast in the restaurant for 10 pounds- does that mean we could choose to take our party of four (2 adults and 2 kids) for 40 pounds total at the restaurant instead of paying the lounge surcharge for children? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I'm here now as a platinum member. No upgrade was offered or mentioned and none was available when I asked for our 4 night stay. She said I could check back and see if there was anything available. Haven't bothered yet, probably won't. So much to see and do in London, we've barely spent time in the room.

They are actively enforcing the lounge access. I was not given any wiggle room for breakfast for my two kids. I think they enforce it when there is food being offered. When we go to the lounge for drinks (until 9:30) after food service, they don't ask room numbers. When there is food being served, they've been asking room number and name.

Definitely not worth the 40 pound charge for kids to eat breakfast there. I'd be disappointed to pay $10 US for the offering. I was told I could also eat in the restaurant for 10 pounds per person. We haven't tried that yet, but probably won't either.

The location is great though. Convenient to the hop on bus tour. Would have been great to have a river view, but we have a pleasant view of the dirty laundry sitting outside, which is fine because we're hardly in the room. Staff is very friendly as well.

edit: oh and the lack of storage that a previous poster wrote about is a bit annoying. Family of 4 living out of a multiple suitcases is a bit of a pain.