FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:25 pm
36902BRF

Originally Posted by heartface
JAL awards are showing. The best way of describing JAL awards is that they're dynamic and availability seems to be actively managed. I've seen availability wide open in the morning, all gone when I've tried to book at lunch, and then have some seats open in the evening the same day. Keep trying at different times. If you don't get lucky then JAL tend to release award seats a few days before a flight if it's undersold. You have an advantage here as JAL's own members can only book award seats up to 4 days in advance.
I think it is a glitch because you are right JAL availability at least on the route I am look is feast or famine but I have see it go from zero availability for an entire week to the entire week having 8 seats across each of the two daily flights. In a matter of seconds. That is I search for availability on date x and get nothing, try date y get nothing, then dry date Z and I get hits, I then walk back through the calendar at the top to dates x and y and now they are showing 8 seats per flight. That strikes me more as a glitch than dynamic availability. We'll see if they are bookable when the date I need opens up.