FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GPUs not being redeposited
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:50 pm
ReallyUpInTheAir

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, HHonors Diamond
GPUs not being redeposited

Hello All,

I have discovered that there are occasions when GPUs do not get redeposited when the upgrade is waitlisted or when you change a flight where you have already been upgraded.

I first noticed this a few days ago when I went from 6 GPUs to zero and I know I wasn't upgraded 6 times. I called the 1K number and the agent confirmed that not all my GPUs had been replaced and she did it manually over the phone. It is apparently the gate agents job to replace the unused GPU if you don't get upgraded at boarding. The agent also admitted it's a flaw in the UA system and it seems crazy that the system doesn't do this automatically. The other situation where this can happen is if you change a flight you already been upgraded on, the agent said this was a bug pure and simple and UA knew about it.

I did a little more research and it appears that another GPUs from last year went "missing" too but I've had no luck in getting them reinstated as yet.

The agent said the best course of action is to call up after every failed GPU or change of flight where you have been upgraded.

Maybe this is widely know but I didn't know.