FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:47 pm
nwflyboy

Programs: Northwest, United
Thank you both @ intuition and @ SPBanker.

Good to know the annoyances in the first row sound minimal (I'm a light sleeper, but my wife is not, so I'll probably offer 1L to her and take 2L for myself - assuming we can get them).

Originally Posted by SPBanker
There is no personal storage space on the floor for any C seats.
In most staggered C seats I've been in (other airlines), the "bed" terminates (in the foot cubby) on what is actually a shelf; below that shelf, there's a typically small space that one can usually use for personal storage - except during takeoff and landing (per regulations). I was on an ANA (NH) 787 in C a couple weeks ago and had this experience - the cabin crew did check for personal gear stuffed in the "lower foot cubby" and will tell you to stow it elsewhere during takeoff/landing.

I assume the configuration (and rules) are similar for the AY A333 - that is, the surface of the actual foot cubby (on which your feet rest when fully extended to bed mode) is on a "shelf" of sorts, and there's a small space below that (except in bulkhead rows, I'd guess) where one could stow something small (except during takeoff/landing). Is that correct, or is there really no space below the foot cubby surface in this configuration? This is certainly not a big deal, I'm just curious.

Now, I just need to plan for a little sauna time in HEL. With a business class ticket (but otherwise no status), is this an option after arrival, pre-departure, or both? Seems like a unique AY benefit so we may be tempted by it.

Thanks again for all the help, much appreciated!!!