FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UuA confusion with domestic sector upgrade on NCL/SAN flights
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:53 pm
flusters

UuA confusion with domestic sector upgrade on NCL/SAN flights

Would be grateful for some guidance and clarification please for multi NCL/SAN trips using UuA.

My wife and I (both Silver) bought return WT+ tickets to SAN and UuA to CW both ways for both March and June 2018 but have been given seats in Euro Traveller for both domestic sectors for both trips.

However for September and December 2017 trips, we booked exactly the same flights in the same way i.e. WT+ then UuA and have seats in Club Europe on both domestic sectors.

Two different answers from BAEC who tell me that since April 2015 and/or the introduction of Club Europe on the NCL/LHR/NCL sectors, pax upgrading using UuAs on transatlantic sectors, no longer have the domestic sector included in any upgrade.

But they cannot explain why the calculations for September and December 2017 bookings are different from March and June 2018. What is the relevance of April 2015 for future bookings this year and next?

Ba.com today continues to show quite clearly on the Reward Flight calculator, the UuA Cost is identical whether the start point is NCL or LHR (deducting the WT+ cost from the CW cost = 30,000 non-peak or 25,000 peak). Even the cost of taxes in CW is only £1.05 different but on WT+ the taxes are £42 higher from LHR than they are from NCL - both are today's calculation!

So in theory, they should upgrade the domestic sectors to Club Europe but they say we should be seated in Euro Traveller and need to use more Avios 3,750 pp and pay £13 taxes pp each way to upgrade the domestic sectors to Club Europe for each of the March and June 2018 trips!

I am more than happy to accept that I have got this completely wrong but would like to know why and how so that I don't repeat the mistake.

Grateful for any help to suggest the best way to tackle and correct it, if by some chance I am right.