FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:22 pm
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Thank you - very good info. We will probably go for 1L and 2L (we're a couple traveling together, but we both prefer window seats and do not require sitting together, just "close enough" is OK for 10 hours). I assume that the general consensus is that the benefits of 1L (more leg room) outweigh the potential downsides (no personal storage space on the floor there during takeoff/landing as it's a bulkhead, and the noise/light/disturbance of the galley/loo is minimal)?

Is it safe to assume that there are no seats blocked for elites, crew rest, etc. (that is, with a business class ticket, any seat should be selectable as long as nobody else has already grabbed it)?

Yeah, no floor storage on any seat, like SPBanker said.
I can't recall exactly, but I think row 1 isn't exactly a normal bulkhead either. I think they mounted a cupboard on the loo wall, which you feet will go under when seat is reclined.

I tend to be on the first rows and don't feel disturbed. Main galley operations are behind row 7, not in the front. In front of row 1 are two toilets. There is a double curtain arrangement, so when people cross the first curtain to the loo, the second curtain still stops lights from front galley.

No seat blocking in J, and certainly no crew rests either. (They once bumped me out of 1A to make room for Finnair CEO on official business though, but that would be the extreme exception). So you can grab any free seat at anytime.