FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Ambassador worth it?
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:25 pm
supatight80

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by helvetic
Had a similar issue with a cancelled flight leading to missing checkin on a refundable hotel booking, but after checkin time. Asked AMB to take care of it; they said the hotel wouldn't budge and would charge me one night. Never saw the charge hit my credit card though.
I have the opposite experience just yesterday. My flight was cancelled and placed on standby on a much later flight. At gate upon boarding, was told numerous times that my standby didnt clear so i decided to make a last minute booking.

Lo and behold, i ended up being the last passenger to board. Upon arriving at final destination, called the ambassador line and asked them if they could help me out (my first time requesting cancellation without penalty after cut off time in 9 years of being Plat), told them my story and then told no problem. No questions asked.

Been on ambassador level for several years now and very happy with the service so far.