FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:59 pm
gcashin

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
After +20 years of J travel, I have given up on Beef as a main. To be fair, I like my steak cooked rare and I understand there are many more that like it cooked to cardboard verging on charcoal so it can be rather difficult to cater to all
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Fairly certain the majority of us want the beef cooked a few shades less than charcoal but unfortunately Air Canada cabin crew will not oblige. Perhaps they are only happy until we are unhappy.
I'm sure beef is a challenge to cook precisely on an aircraft, but targeting for somewhere between Medium Rare and Medium Well would satisfy most people. I find AC beef is typically off the charts and so far past well done into "extra well done hockey puck/shoe leather/cardboard" territory. About 10% of the time, it'll be more reasonable with some pink in the middle, so it's possible, but it seem to be a rare event.

Some interesting stats on steak preferences from south of the border - basically 70% either prefer medium rare or medium, so they'd be catering for the masses if they could get it somewhere in that range.