FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA kicks me out of my booked seat - options?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:29 pm
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by wrp96
Even several weeks it could be a FAM, especially for international. When I was bumped from 2A due to a FAM it was weeks in advance of the flight. First class had been sold out for weeks so I couldn't even get a new seat assignment. The day before the flight, I guess the FAM decided to take a different flight and I was able to get a seat assignment, again 2A. At least the OP still has a seat assignment.
Actually, a FAM is much more likely to be several weeks out than 3-4 days out.

Originally Posted by kb9522
Your seat is not guaranteed. Equipment swaps, blocking seats, etc. are some conditions under which your seat will change. There isn't much you can do about it. And I probably wouldn't complain either since you only paid for J.
Wouldn't complain? Only paid for J? Payment exists beyond cash, you know.

Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
Well, the did value loyalty enough to seat you in F when you paid for J.
No. I upgraded to F using something I earned in consideration for flying AA in excess of 150k EQMs last year.

Originally Posted by sbrower
Maybe I am missing something, because I don't do much F international. But does AA have a policy of allowing anyone, whatsoever, other than: a) medical; b) a FAM; to force a seat change in F? Is that something that a CK can request?
They do it for CKs.