FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA kicks me out of my booked seat - options?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:18 am
brettsir

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Originally Posted by lobo411
I agree with this. Seat assignments aren't guaranteed but we do have a reasonable expectation that they'll be respected unless *good* operational reasons dictate otherwise. Seat assignments shouldn't be changed as a matter of policy just because someone richer, louder, or friendlier to the GA wants yours.

Also, OP didn't ask us whether he should be happy with the change. He asked what possible recourse he had.
I fully agree that seat assignments should not be tossed to the wind if someone who earns the company more money etc. walks up and wants the seat. I was just trying to say that unless the new occupant of 1A or the agent doing the change hops on FT we will never know if it was a "good" operational change or if someone pulled strings to get their favourite seat.
I believe the best recourse would be to contact CS and explain the disappointment of not getting the requested seat and hope that the person responding recognises an (I assume) EXP on a paid J fare should be appeased above what is required. My point of advice in this is to be as polite and unemotional as possible. Since technically the OP is entitled to no compensation (As far as I understand) a warm interaction with the AA person is much more likely to result in an agreeable outcome.