FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2017)
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:15 pm
pokee

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Thanks Flying Prince. This one, I'm aware of, in the context of Amex MR to Marriott. My old buddy alc had mentioned it last year here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post27266970

Basically, without an Aeroplan hotels conversion bonus promo the 7-night e-cert would effectively cost 60K MR. But with the recent Spring 30% Aeroplan conversion promo yielding 150K Aeroplans it was reduced down to a cost of 30K. Now with the current 35% conversion promo, a cost of 18K for 7-nites is ridiculously good value!
I'm a little confused about this promo - do you have to transfer Frequent Flyer points to get it - or just purchase it using your Marriott Points?

And it looks like you can purchase a package for any frequent flyer program of your choice - right?

Do you know if you can get the travel package for anything lower than 200K? If not, is it worthwhile to buy points to take advantage of this promo if you stay at Marriott hotels a lot? I only have 46K Amex MRs - which wouldn't even come close to the 200K Marriott points I'd need to buy the package.

And if your package includes 7 nights - do they have to be consecutive at the same hotel - or is it 7 free nights anywhere (so I could book 7 single night stays)? And if you buy cat 5 - can you upgrade at the time of redemption to get a higher category stay?

Last edited by pokee; Jul 21, 2017 at 3:51 pm